My friend Amber wrote in one of her last blogs about a Food Challenge. The goal is to try 3 new recipes a month for this year of 2011.
I am not so much of a Challenge Person but this one really sounds to be fun and individual enough and simply without any pressure that I am going to jump in, even though it started in January and I am a moth late..but who minds,right?! 🙂 The great thing is that through this I will “force” myself to not always cook the same dishes ever week instead of try to collect 33 new recipes during this year, which is really, really good!
So let’s get started then. It’s mid February and I already tried 3 new recipes this month. This first recipe is from the lovely Emma, who is such a baking Queen. She gave me this follow recipe.
Mars Bar Crispy Cake
- 3 Mars bars, chopped up
- 90 g of butter
- 3 cups of Rice Krispies or Coco Pops
Put the mars bars and the butter into a saucepan and melt over a low heat until you have a smooth mixture (do not! boil!) Add the crispy’s and stir well. Turn into a prepared pan (a pan in which you covered the ground with grease proof paper) and press down the mass. Smooth the top
For the TOPPING you only need:
- 200 g of milk chocolate
- 30 g of butter
Melt the Chocolate and the butter in a bowl over a pan of hot water, stir until smooth and spread this over the crispy mixture. Refrigerate for a couple of hours and then chop into pieces!:)
I tried this recipe yesterday and I can only agree. This delight IS highly addictive and super yummy. What I like the most is that it’s easily and fast prepared and you can prepare it hours before serving it so no haste at all.
The second recipe I got from Janet. After asking her on Twitter if she had an idea what I could have for Dinner the other day she came up with this idea:
Grilled Veggie Panini
- “grill your fave veggies. You can slice zucchini, eggplant, Portobello. Mushroom brush with olive oil and either grill or roast
- until tender then slice your fave bread, I use soar dough, spread pesto on then add veggies and fresh mozz and press…” (quote from Janet’s tweet)
I made mine with courgette, grilled cheese, pesto, peppers and ruccola salad. The bread I used was a herb Foccachia. It was super, super yummy and I will defenetly try this again soon. Thank you for sharing dearie!!:)
The third recipe I tried after seeing this video Its a video about how to make
- I bought a pack of puff pastry
- Out of 5-6 medium Apples (you can take any apple you like) I made a stewed fruit/ apple sauce
- I cut triangles and squares out of the dough and set a big heap of apple stew on the dough
- I turned the dough over so that the apple filling is covered and squeezed the border with my fingers. You can use a fork or anything to do that.
- Then I spread milk on top of the dough and strew cinnamon/sugar on top of it
- Baked in the pre-heated oven by 180 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes
Watch the instruction video above if you have any questions or want to see how these pastries are going to prepare. Here are mine. You can eat them with vanilla ice or vanilla sauce. I decided to eat them with cream!:)
If you want to jump into the Challenge-let me know!!:) We (Me and Amber) would love to have more company during those months of trying new dishes. If you have I special recipe or one of your fave’s you want me to try leave a comment!! I am looking forward to read from you!