Welcome back to the 2011 Recipe Share. If you are willing to jump in-try 3 recipes every month AND BLOG about it!:)
This month I tried OREO Cupcakes, Bacon and Cheese Eg McMuffin Cups, Pasta bake with Ham and Asperagus.
Makes 12 Muffintraysized Cupcakes
110g unsalted butter
225g caster sugar
150g sifted self-raising flour
125g sifted plain flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
115g crushed oreo cookies
- Preheat the oben to gas mark 4/ 180°C/ 350°F
- grease in the 12 hole muffin tray and line in with pretty cases
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until the mixture is pale and smooth, which hould take 3.5minutes using an electric mixer
- add the eggs one at the time, mixing a few minutes after each addition
- combine the two flours in a seperate bowl.
- Put the milk in a jug and add the vanilla extract to it
- add one third of the flours to the creamed mixture and beat well.
- pour one-third of the milk and beat again
- REAPEAT these steps until all the flour and milk has been added.
- lastly fold in the crushed oreos.
- spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases, filling them untiul they are two-thirds full
- bake in the oven for 25 minutes until they are golden brown
- once cooled ice with your favourite vanilla butter cream and decorate with an oreo cookie.
Thank you Emma they taste wonderful and are so simply to make. My friends loved them too!!:)
Bacon and Cheese Egg Mc Muffin Cups
I have got this recipe from picky-palate.com
For any details about the recipe or the photos please click on the link. This recipe was easy as you always have all the items at home to prepare it. My Bacon and Cheese Egg McMuffins tasted very dry. I dont know if they suppose to taste like that but that was something I didnt like. Also the “cups” turned out to be VERY crispy. A bit to crispy for my taste but okay. All in all a fun and easy recipe to try.
Dont laugh. This is how they looked after I made them. Not that shiny as on the pictures on the recipe but ok.;)
Pasta bake with Ham and Asperagus
- 3/4l Water
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 200g Noodles (small or mediums or anything you like of course)
Cook the Noodles until they are “aldente”. The same do for the asparagus after you peeled them and cut them into pieces.Put them aside and grease in a casserole dish.
For the sauce you need:
- 40g Butter
- 40g whole grain flour
- 3/8l sour cream or milk
- 125g grated Cheese
- Salt, Paprika exctract
- 2 Egg yolks
- 2 tabelspoon Water
- 2Egg whites
- 100g boiled Ham
- Heat up the Butter and add the whole grain flour to it.
- Stir all the time! Deglaze with sour cream OR milk.
- Bring it to boil again then add the grated Cheese, Salt and Paprika extract.
- Put the pan from the hotplate
- Wisk the two Egg yolks with the 2tablesppons of water and add them to the sauce
- Beat up the Egg whites and if they are foamy add to the sauce
- Now you putt everything together: the Noodles, the sauce and the asperagus and into the casserole.
- Put the the boiled Ham slices on top
- Bake for 25-35 minutes on 225 to 250°C (437°F- 482 °F)
Enjoy the Pasta bake with a fresh salad!
If you tried any of those recipes! Let me know what you think. And again, if YOU you want ME to try out YOUR fave recipe just let me know or leave the recipe at the comment section.😀
Love to read from you *Linn*