If you are searching for an easy and fast treat for Elevensestime or for Tea then this cake recipe is for YOU! It’s very easy but yet very delicious. You DONT even need a kitchen machine just simple use a wooden spoon to stir! 🙂
So what do you need?
- 3-4 ripe Bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted Butter (that’s 75g)
- 1 or 3/4 cup sugar (= 225g)
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup of flour ( that’s 180g)
- You also need a baking form, greased-in (Just to be safe I put a baking paper in the form as well)
So, if you got all things ready you
- Preheat the oven on 175°C or 350°F
- Smash the bananas until they are all smooth. I used a fork for the smashing but you can use any other item that works for you.
- I melted the butter in the microwave for a few seconds and stirred it under the banana mash until it’s all smooth
- Stir in the sugar
- Add the beaten egg
- Add the teaspoon vanilla, baking soda, the pinch of salt and the 1 1/2 cup (180g) flour and stir very well!
- Then get your baking form ready and fill in the smooth dough
- Bake the Banana Bread for 1 h! The recipe said 1 hour but mine was ready after 45 minutes.
- To check if your Cake is done use a wooden rod and pierce the cake. If it comes out all clean its done. If there is still wet dough on the rod it needs to be baked through! 🙂
- Let the Banana Bread cool down in the baking form for around 1 hour
After that! Enjoy!! 😀