You know I frequently try out new recipes. Some baking other cooking but it has been a long time since I found a lovely recipe that was so simply and yet so stunning.Thank you for suggesting this recipe to me Adele !!!
So if you have a party to plan or you want to spoil your mates at work or give your friends and family a little treat. Try this one.You need:
For the Brownie dough:
- 225g/8oz dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
- 150g/5½oz unsalted butter
- 3 free-range eggs
- 225g/8oz caster sugar
- 100ml/3½fl oz strong espresso
- 100g/3½oz plain flour
And for the Cheesecake you’ll need:
- 150g/5½oz full fat cream cheese
- 50g/1¾oz caster sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- ½ orange, zest only
Then you are only 6 steps away from freshly made Cheesecake Brownies!
1.Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3. Grease and line a 8in/20cm square cake tin.
2.For the brownies, melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (Do not let the base of the bowl touch the water.) Remove the bowl from the pan and set aside to cool slightly.
(I just put the Choc and Butter into one bowl and melted them slowly in the microwave)
3.Whisk the eggs, caster sugar and coffee in a bowl until well combined. Sift in the flour and chocolate mixture and mix until well combined.
(Be sure to clean the blender sticks before using them for the cheesecake mixture! )
4. For the cheesecake, beat the cream cheese, caster sugar, egg and orange zest until smooth
(I forgot to add the 50 gram sugar for the Cheesecake by mistake but it turned out to be sweet enough without them!)
5. Spoon the brownie mixture into the cake tin then spoon the cheesecake mixture on top and use a knife to cut lines into the mixture to create a marble effect.
6. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until just set. Remove the tin from the oven, set aside to cool completely, then cut into squares
(Source BBC FOOD )